Terms & Conditions
Please note that the terms "Students" and "Pupils" refer to the Learner Driver. Any lesson provided is under acceptance of the following terms and conditions.
1. You must be of legal age to drive and produce a valid UK/Northern Ireland provisional Category B driving licence. If a photo card licence is held then an online check will be required to confirm that the licence is valid and free of any current endorsements. If an older paper licence is held, then you must also produce a valid passport as photographic identification.For Pass Plus or Refresher lessons a full valid licence must be produced with identification as above.
2. You must meet the minimum eye test requirements, which means you must be able to read a standard UK approved number plate at a minimum distance of 20.5 metres (67 feet). If you need to wear glasses or contact lenses in order to meet this requirement then you must wear them whenever you drive. Pupils who fail to meet this requirement on their first lesson will still be charged the full lesson cost. You must notify me of any change of your ability or entitlement to have driving tuition, for example if your provisional licence has been revoked or for medical reasons such as epilepsy.
3. So that I can offer you lessons at the best possible price, I would appreciate your assistance in keeping your appointments. If you are unable to do so, please give as much notice of cancellation as possible. Cancellations not received 24 hours prior to the appointment must be paid for. You will receive a text reminder 24 hours before the lesson. If you have not cancelled by this time then the lesson must be paid for.
3.a Students who habitually cancel will not be forward booked unless they pay in advance especially at times which are always in demand, for example, evenings or weekends. Lessons can be cancelled by telephone or text message but must be acknowledged by your instructor before acceptance is confirmed.
4. If I have arrived at the pre-arranged pick up point and you do not show, I will attempt to contact you by phone 5 minutes past your lesson start time. I will wait a maximum of 10 minutes if there is no contact made by you. After 10 minutes I will leave and you will have to pay for the lesson.
5. I will endeavour to arrive on time however, due to unforeseen circumstances such as breakdown, accidents, traffic hold ups etc, lesson times may need to change or even be cancelled. If cancelled by myself, no fee will be charged.
6. Any money due must be paid before, or at the start of, the lesson or test on the day, unless prior arrangements have been made. To save your time please try to have money (no cheques) available for the lesson. Visits to banks / cash machines will be made during the lesson and not after. Acceptable coins are £1 or 50p. I will not accept anything smaller. Payment can also made through mobile banking.
6a. Any monies paid for advance Block Bookings will be entered into a dedicated account system. This money remains your property until I draw from it each time you complete a lesson. On termination of the block booking, for whatever reason, an administration fee of 25% of the remaining balance will be charged. The net balance will then be refunded to you.
7. You must not be under the influence of drugs/alcohol during the training. In the event of there being any signs of drugs/alcohol misuse, I will withhold the use of the training vehicle for use of tuition or driving test until you are in a legal and fit state to drive. Any prescribed medication that may effect your driving should be declared to both myself and to the DVLA medical board. Pupils should ensure that they are fit for their lesson. Any pupil thought to be unfit for their lesson, whether through the effects of drugs, alcohol or even just "sleeping in" will have their lesson cancelled immediately but will still be required to pay the full lesson fee.
8. Should you fail to reach a satisfactory standard of driving and are likely to be a danger to other road users, or are in an unfit condition through substance or alcohol abuse as described above, I have a responsibility to the DVSA examiners not to allow the use of the training vehicle for the purpose of the driving test. This is in the interest of the pupil, the examiner and other road users and is a precautionary safety measure.
9. No responsibility can be taken for tests cancelled by the DVSA for whatever reason. Lessons will have to be paid for but may, in certain circumstances, be claimed back from the DVSA. I will be responsible for the cost of a new test if the test is cancelled due to the condition of the tuition vehicle.
10. The Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA), the people who will carry out your driving test, has recommended a comprehensive syllabus that new drivers should be taught in order to bring them up to the required standard. I will teach this syllabus in a way that will suit each student's ability. I will not teach shortcuts or tricks just to enable a quick test pass. It is my professional responsibility to produce safe, competent drivers. Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency guidelines do not allow for a pupil to take a practical test just for the experience.
My car is available for students to take the test provided they reach what I consider to be test standard. On the day of your test, I will call for you, give you a fifty minute lesson just prior to the test and then allow you to use my car to take the actual test. Once the test is over, I will return you to your home or another previously arranged address. The total cost of this exercise shall be inline with my current charges.
11. Lessons shall last for one hour, unless alternative arrangements have been agreed, and will be on a one-to-one basis (no car-sharing) from a pre-agreed pickup point. If you want dropped off at a different destination please tell me at the beginning of the lesson so we can fit it in. However, be aware that I reserve the right to deduct any unreasonable traveling time required if the student changes their normal drop off and would result in my being late for my next lesson.
12. Please make sure all your personal possessions are removed from the car at the end of the lesson. Anything left behind will be returned to you as soon as is practicable but no responsibility will be accepted for loss or damage to same.
13. I use an online diary system. Any personal data you provide shall not be used, or shared with any third party person or business, for any other purpose than your driving lessons.